This website, which is operated by VideoLocalize (“VideoLocalize,” “we,” “us” or “our”) is intended to provide existing and prospective and current business customers of VideoLocalize with information regarding the services, tools and products offered by VideoLocalize (collectively, the “Service”) and to enable existing and prospective business customers of VideoLocalize to indicate their interest in purchasing such services.
In all instances, we are committed to transparency with our customers and protecting your data privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided in the section titled “Contacting Us”.
1. Information We Collect and Store
When you interact with the Service and in connection with any of our events, and sales and marketing activities, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”), as described below.
Information You Give Us
VideoLocalize may collect your name, email address, phone number, username as well as other information you directly give us on our website. We utilize PCI-compliant third-party payment processors to collect your credit card and other billing information.
We may also collect data from you including, without limitation, when you attend one of our marketing events, during phone calls with representatives, or when you contact our support service. We collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with VideoLocalize services or tools and we may associate all or a portion of these files with you.
Information We Get from Others
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. We may also receive information (for example, your email address) through other users, for example when they share something with you, or refer VideoLocalize to you.
Information Automatically Collected
We may automatically log information about your computer or your mobile device. For example, when visiting our website and using the Service, we log the operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages viewed, how long you spent on a page, location, access times and information about your use of and actions on our website and your IP address. We also use IP address information for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. The type of information we collect depends on the type of device used and its settings.
We use “cookies” (small data files that we transfer to your device) and other tracking technologies to operate and administer the website and the Service, analyze trends and improve your access to, and use of, our Service.
Information You Upload
We automatically collect information from the files and content you upload in the Service, including but not limited to files and images you upload, translations you submit, information related to translations, and comments.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You have the right to be ‘forgotten’. Send us an email at [email protected] requesting the deletion of your account and removal of personal information and we will delete your information unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal information (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
2. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our site, products, and services.
- To be able to provide products and services to our users at their request based on our contractual relationship.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To communicate system updates, promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. These communications are strictly necessary and you may not opt out of them.
You can register on our website to receive our newsletter. Each newsletter contains an unsubscribe link should you wish to no longer receive the newsletter.
3. Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
In order to collect and/or use your personal information we have at least one of the following legal bases:
You have given us clear and explicit consent to process your personal information. If you have previously given consent to processing your information, you can withdraw such consent at any time. You can do this by emailing us at [email protected] If you do withdraw your consent, and if we do not have another legal basis for processing your information we will stop processing your personal information.
Processing your information is necessary for a contract to be formulated and executed in order for us to be able to provide our products and services or because such information is necessary before entering into that contract.
If you have been our customer in the past, we may communicate with you via email, in order to inform you about products and services similar to the ones you showed interest in.
Processing your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests. These legitimate interests may include the following:
- Delivering, developing and improving our services and products
- Ensuring that our website, platform, and infrastructure operate smoothly
- Determining whether marketing campaigns are effective
- Improving data security
- Gaining insights from your behavior on our website in order to be able to offer you services and products which you may find useful
4. How do we share personal information?
- With trusted third parties, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers, who are integral to the operation of our website and Services to carry out work on our behalf and at our direction
- With locations outside the direct control of VideoLocalize, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers
- With law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if we are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order or other legal process, in order to comply with laws, statutes, rules or regulations, or if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our terms and conditions
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, where certain information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assignee
- With your consent or at your direction
5. European Economic Area Residents
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You may also have the right to restrict certain processing of your data.
You can object to us using your information for profiling you or making automated decisions about you. Please note that exercising this right does not equal to an obligation on our behalf to not show advertisements at all.
You have the right to ask us to send your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format that is technically feasible to another data controller. Please note that if such information also contains personal data about another person, we may not choose to include such data in our deliverables.
You have the right to be ‘forgotten’. All you have to do is ask and we will delete your information unless we have another legal reason to hold your personal information (such as a legal claim or a regulatory requirement).
You can exercise all the aforementioned rights by emailing us at [email protected] We shall address your request within 30 days of its receipt unless it is too complicated or we are dealing simultaneously with too many such requests. In such cases, we will let you know within 30 days of the receipt of your initial request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
6. Analytics Services Provided by Others
- the IP addresses of visitors to be rendered anonymous;
- compliance with the DoNotTrack preference transmitted by browsers;
- visitors to register a DoNotTrack preference for their visits to the website (opt-out).
7. Duration of storage of your data
We store the information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
9. Contacting Us
Thank you for using VideoLocalize!